Don't eat till your full

Sunday, March 22, 2009

So I'm over my tummy bug yah!! The only good thing that came out of that is I lost 2kg in a couple of days but now I'm too scared to weigh myself again so I have decided to challenge myself to waiting a whole week or even two if I can handle it. I remember when I started this wol I said to my dh and myself I'm only weighing once a week because I don't want to get obsessed and now I'm weighing daily so I have to really remind myself about the health benefits as opposed to what the scale says, it's just very hard.




I think my stomach shrunk in the couple of days of the tummy bug and I did the greedy thing on friday night and had my favourite meal - a lettuce wrap filled with chicken, bacon, avocado, camembert, relish and aioli. It was beautiful but I ate wayyyy too much to the point I felt physically uncomfortable and wanted to throw up just to feel better. I didn't because I can't make myself do that yuck! So instead I had reflux and horrible pain until 4am that morning, arrrrrhhh!!!! What do I learn from this....don't eat until I'm full. Everytime I eat now I don't feel full initially but then I do a couple of hours later, I think this is because protein and fat aren't immediate energy.

5 comments

  1. Hey doll,

    Glad to hear that you are better. I can sympathise on the weighing-in thing. Try to hold off for the week - you can do it!

    Sounds like your meal was really yummy, I'm sure I would have overeaten too!

    Hey I started the Atkins induction a couple of days ago, no worries so far. The one thing is, I will want to go more than 6 hours without eating at times. (I don't breakfast and often skip lunch coz I'm lazy about prepping stuff for work. Plus I want to do a couple of 24hr fasts a week). Do you think this would work against me. Any tips for a newbie?

    N.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Dr atkins does recommend not going further than 6 hours without a meal during the day but I also don't think he had interest in fasting. I personally only fast if I really need too, eg to break a stall which I've been going through lately but otherwise I consistenly lose each week and never have to fast.

    I don't know if the fasts will work against you but the fact that your going quite low in carbs anyway you may not need to fast, but I guess you need to see what works for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks doll,

    You're right - I will just have to see what happens.

    Good luck on breaking that plateau; I'm sure it will happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. dollface,

    I just found your site via the comment you left on Mark's Daily Apple. I am so pleased to see your site and the amazing progress you've already made! Keep up the great work and please stay in touch. If you need any advice or tips feel free to drop me a line in the comment boards or via email: mark at marksdailyapple dot com.

    Grok On!

    Mark Sisson

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Mark

    Thanks for your kind comment :) I too am very pleased with the progress I've made, all up I'm down 45lbs now so time for an update pic perhaps for my site. I will definately stay in touch, i'd love to be a success story on your website once I've reached my goal which is another 40-50lbs away yet. I'm also hanging out for your book, not long now :)

    Dollface

    ReplyDelete

All rights reserved. © The Poppy Creative.