Primal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Thursday, October 4, 2012


Primal Chocolate chip cookies

Makes 24 (half recipe for just 12)

1 3/4 cup Blanched Ground Almonds
1 3/4 cup Natural Ground Almonds
1/2 cup Butter
1/4 cup Honey
1/4 cup Coconut Sugar
3/4 cup 70% Cadbury Old Gold
3/4 cup 85% Green & Blacks
2 tsps Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp Baking Soda

Preheat your oven to 175C Bake and line your oven tray with parchment paper.
If you can find dark chocolate chips then go ahead and use them but I just use the blocks and chop up the chocolate into chunks.

Melt your butter and honey together and add the vanilla.

In another bowl mix your Ground Almonds, Coconut Sugar and Baking Soda together, once all combined pour in your butter/honey mixture and mix well, then add the chopped up chocolate at the end.

Use a spoon to dig out mixture and then squish them in your hands to form a rough ball and press them firmly on the paper, 12 should fit on one baking tray.

Bake for 8 minutes if you want them to be a little crunchy on the outside and chewy in the middle or you can just bake them for 6 minutes if you prefer a softer chewier cookie.  Personally I like the chewy and crunchy on the outside.
Let them cool for at least 10 minutes otherwise you will break them, then you can either devour them or store them in an airtight container, they will keep for a week if you can keep them around that long ;)

I like to include some natural ground almonds as it gives them a nuttier flavor.  You could use all blanched almond flour for a less nutty tasting cookie.  I've used two different sweeteners because I find too much honey tends to overpower the cookie but I still like the flavor that honey adds, the addition of the coconut sugar helps to balance it.  Then I use half 70% and half 85% chocolate just for the diversity in richness.

I hope you enjoy them as much as I do ;)

2 comments

  1. Hello, I noticed you've listed two types of chocolate and I wondered are they both used as chocolate chips?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use two different types because I like the different sweetness vs bitterness, I chop them into chocolate chips so they disperse throughout the cookie better.

      Delete

All rights reserved. © The Poppy Creative.