How to make the perfect pork crackling that will have your mouth watering!!!
Pork Belly is so much easier to cook than a pork shoulder, leg etc...it doesn't dry out like many other pork roasts can tend to do.
- I take a slab of pork belly and score the skin (ask your butcher to do this for you), rub it with salt and then layer an oven proof dish with 2 layers of tin foil, you surround the pork with foil just like a little package with the top uncovered, bake for 2 hours at 150C bake.
- If you want to make it super moist then inside the foil pour some milk and you will have the pork melting in your mouth! (you don't have to do this)
- Once cooked remove the pork from the oven and slice off the skin, cut into bite sized pieces, place the pork belly in the foil and leave to rest.
- Bake the skin for another 10-30 minutes at 180+C , if the skin hasn't crisped up by baking it at a high temp then you can grill it but watch it very carefully!
- Best results come from baking it slowly
- All pork belly cooks slightly different too, free range crackles every time whereas non free range can be harder to crackle. I hope that helps the beginner pork belly cooks out there ;)