Reflections about my journey!

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Here are some of the things that have changed for me over my almost 5 year weight loss/health journey:

I no longer obsess over the numbers, I have chosen not to weigh myself anymore, while I know I am not as small as my original lowest weight I feel like I'm at a place where I don't have to eat so strictly to maintain and that feels healthy for me even if it means I'm not my 'skinniest'.

I eat healthy food most of the time because it makes me feel good not because of the amount of calories or the carbohydrate content in a particular food (this has taken me a long time to achieve). I also enjoy some indulgences as I'm such a foodie and I get a lot of pleasure from beautifully made treats, I just have to limit it.

I've always been a bit up and down with the exercise over the years but this year something finally clicked for me. I have been exercising consistently since January this year, I actually want to do it for the first time in my life, I do whatever my body feels like doing even if that means resting, my activities include Walking, Bike riding, Weight training or Pilates and I feel amazing!

For the first time on my journey I feel like I am the healthiest and the happiest I have ever been. You would think being the thinnest would make me the happiest but it honestly didn't, I've been every weight from 54-107kgs in my 20's and I've known my exact weight everyday for all those years. Now I'm approaching 32 and I don't know my exact number and that feels beyond freeing.

7 comments

  1. First I would like to congratulate you on your amazing transformation. You are an inspiration for women everywhere. I've been thin my whole life until recently. I was even ridiculed in my youth for being so skinny. It was tough. After my pregnancy and giving birth this year, I put on 80 pounds. The first 40 came off without an issue. The remaining pounds won't budge! I appreciate this article because it has inspired me to not give up. I can't wait until my "before" and "after" pictures look like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Love Love your picture of what success really looks like! That is so true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad I found your blog. It will take me some time to read through all of your posts, but I am seriously going to pick up the book The Primal Blueprint! You are truly inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post and the journey you have taken. Well done to you for everything. I believe that when I stopped obsessing over the scale that is when I had my biggest weight loss. I thing I was then able to concentrate on the important thing and that was not the scale but me.. Great post

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all Kudos to you. It takes a great amount of passion, determination and dedication to get where you are now. You are a great inspiration to anyone who has been in a roller coaster journey of losing weight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have arrived at a great place, being at ease and comfortable with yourself is difficult for so many people. Your diagram is so true and should be widely available, people need to know it is about just hanging in there, that a bumpy ride is entirely normal. Keep putting the message out, it is needed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bravo girl. You deserve a trophy. I can relate to you about obsessing on numbers and food and so on. It came to a point when I just listened to my body...I eat when I hungry, I don't eat when I'm not hungry, and I eat anything. I found that my craving went down and with it my weight. I realized that being so focused on the scale and what I should eat was stressing me out. And you know what they say about stress making us fat. I guess it did that to me.

    ReplyDelete

All rights reserved. © The Poppy Creative.