Why I stopped my Whole30!

Friday, September 20, 2013

I have been debating with myself over the past week about this and I've finally come to peace with my decision to end my Whole30 early.

While I absolutely love the principles and idea behind the program I have become acutely aware that it's not something I want to carry on with.

I have noticed I have had far too much food chatter in my head about it. To me it is starting to feel too extreme for my personality and I'm stressed.  Since I started I haven't been my relaxed self and that isn't healthy for me, I know myself too well.

The entire time I've been primal it's been a very natural feeling, I've never felt restricted or regimented.  So while I don't expect everyone to understand why I've had to end it, I'm just here to tell you that I feel that I need to wrap it up.

Now I have learnt a couple of things from it over the 14 days which were helpful, I feel if I go any longer then the stress of it will be detrimental to me.

I love veggies way more than I ever have.
I don't NEED chocolate after every meal.
Dropping dairy hasn't been as awful as I thought it would be.
I discovered how amazing Ghee is!

I will be just going back to what I know best - primal and with a new love for it! Primal has been such an awesome way to live and eat that I think I had lost my way a little and this has reminded me why I never did 'diets' well, I don't handle extreme restriction or regime very well.  

I'm feeling so much better already after listening to my body and respecting the stress signals enough to stop.  I do apologize to anyone that was following me.  Hopefully you all got some great food ideas from my food diaries over the past two weeks and I wish everyone who is on their Whole30 the very best :-)

1 comment

  1. I admire how you gave the new system a chance, but then decided it wasn't for you. It's sometimes hard to listen to what one's body is tell oneself. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

All rights reserved. © The Poppy Creative.